Think classical music is dead, dry, and boring?
I understand how you feel. You want to know more... but without being bored to tears. You’re intrigued... but you don’t want to feel pressured or intimidated. And that’s okay!
You’re in the right place
because that’s where I come in.
I’m Fredericka King, and I make classical music less confusing and more fun. Whether you’re an experienced player or a new listener, my approach is the same: I’ll meet you exactly where you are.
And if you’re wondering who I am? Well... here’s my story, short and sweet:
I became interested in music (both classical and popular) at a very young age. That’s when my mother offered me the choice of either violin or piano lessons—with the condition that I practice, of course. I chose piano and never looked back.
Now, I love to share my passion for all things, art, music, and history with others. And luckily, I teach and perform in a city that’s a goldmine of musical history: Boston, Massachusetts!
Here are a few more things you might want to know about me...
1. I live in a former piano factory building.
2. My perfect day would have about 48 hours in it.
3. I’ve always wanted to learn how to dance Balinese style. (I’d probably be really clumsy at it... but what the heck, you know?)
4. It’s not the biggest or the best one in the world, but I couldn’t live without my piano.
5. I think Paris is just extraordinary, I could stay there for months!
6. The number 8 is a fortunate number, so I think it’s kind of perfect that the piano has 88 keys.